Research Scientist in the area of Materials Modeling (Electrochemical Energy Storage)
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST, Prof. D. Aksyonov group) is seeking for a full-time Research Scientist having major expertise in computational materials science covering areas such as modeling of inorganic solids, including transition metal oxides and ceramics using density functional theory and molecular dynamics with empirical potentials. The preferred starting date is February 2023.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate committed to research, education, and innovation, who holds a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry, and has experience in materials design and development, validated by publications in top peer-reviewed journals. High level of English is required.
A solid background in the following areas is expected:
- Crystallography, thermodynamics, condensed matter physics;
- Quantum mechanics, density functional theory (DFT), molecular dynamics (MD), nudged elastic band methods;
- Modeling of bulk and surface atomic structures, phase stability, diffusion, and charge transfer using DFT and MD software codes (VASP, Abinit, Quantum Espresso, Lammps, etc.);
- Programming in Python or similar languages.
You will work on the computational development of new materials for metal-ion batteries in a tight collaboration with experiment. An example of our recent investigations are here and here. The successful candidate will work in a challenging project aiming to improve electrode/electrolyte interfaces in solid state batteries through design of highly conductive and stable buffer layers.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial research support;
- A medical insurance;
- Internationally competitive compensation package.